Every Outfit I Planned For My Holiday Event Calendar – Part One: Cocktails
Tamu McPherson | Thursday December 7th 2017
Can you believe that it’s already December 7th?
And that we will soon be halfway through the month, celebrating Hanukkah and 10 days closer to Christmas and Kwanzaa?
Time is moving way too fast for me. I just finished an intense seven day move, and I so want to just ease into the holiday. You know, with a nice glass of generously spiked egg-nog and this especially perfect ugly holiday sweater that I spotted at & Other Stories last week. No time for that though. There is, in fact, only time for one activity, and that is asking and resolving the following question: what are you wearing to this season’s cocktail parties?
Have you been planning since Thanksgiving, or are you a last minute girl like me? I only just realised that I need a dress for a super glamorous event taking place in six days. *insert one million little monkey emojis with their hands over their eyes*
But my agenda of holiday events is so exciting this time of year! For your consideration:
– the classic holiday kickoff cocktail party
– drinks after an opera at La Scala with the lob(v)ster
– a cheesy (but necessary) rendez-vous for a glass of bubbly while taking in the city’s Christmas tree
– an evening at my local ladies-only member’s club celebrating the accomplishments of 2017’s trailblazing women
– a romantic evening filled with butterflies after a much-anticipated kiss under the mistletoe (even after 18 years this still gets me)
– a party I’m currently thinking about throwing to celebrate Time’s person of the year, The Silence Breakers
Sounds like a textbook example of a fun and festive month right? I know you are excited about your calendar as well. So, back to the question at hand: what to wear??
Something from this selection I’ve put together for you of course! From seasonal checks, to liquid-like silks, heavenly velvet, killer-minis or leave-it-to-the-imagination midis, maxi-sequins, feathers and opulent prints and textures… I hope these ensembles inspire you to mix and match your own looks!
Stay tuned for Part Two of my Holiday Dressing Series next week!
Cheers to the season. xx
– Photos by Eleonora Adani
– Outfit Details: I’m wearing a Marco De Vincenzo Resort 2018 dress with Gian Vito Rossi pumps, a Kate Spade bracelet and Ca&Lou earrings.