6 Workouts for Runner’s Strength and Balance
posted on Tuesday February 16th 2016
Hey there fellow runners, or those of you who are interested in starting to run,
I’ve got a new fitness pill for you. I know that in my own running journey, strength and balance training have been essential in helping me power through a race. It’s an element of fitness that allows you to access it when you’re exhausted and losing the calm that helps you to stay focused and endure to the finish line. In fact, I have vivid memories of moments where I was so tired during a run, in desperate need of a boost and my ability to mentally look back at a tough workout and tap into the strength that I was developing during that particular session. It’s a level of training that is absolutely empowering. So take a look at this new video and get ready to run your heart out!!
Stay tuned for more episodes, check out these and similar arm exercises on the NTC APP, and get ready for some serious fitness!
Also visit http://gonike.me/comm_traintuesday to get in on the “Train Tuesday” fun!
Follow the flow here: #betterforit #workinprogress.
Accessories: Medicine Ball
1. Backward Lunge to Overhead Reach with Medicine Ball – 1 Minute (30 Seconds each side)
2. Alternating Mountain Climbers – 50 Seconds
3. Forearm Side Planks – 1 Minute (30 Seconds Each Side)
4. Clamshells – 1 Minute Each Side
5. Reverse Clamshells – 1 Minute Each Side
6. Single Leg Balance Reach – 1 Minute (30 Seconds Each Side)
1 Minute Recovery for Beginners, for intermediate try to decrease recovery time.
3 sets of all workouts
Shop the Items: