SUMMER 2014 ESSENTIALS – Serafina Sama
Pretty Posts | SHOPPING | LIPS
Tamu McPherson | Tuesday July 15th 2014
Hey There Pretty Birds,
Our latest Summer Essential guest editor is Serafina Sama, founder of the chic, feminine and eclectic ready-to-wear line Isa Arfen.
We fell in love with Isa Arfen about two seasons ago after spotting Yasmin Sewell in a gorgeous pair of green satin culottes and then coincidentally walking into the brand’s Hotel de Crillon showroom later that day. When we met Serafina there, our love for everything Isa Arfen was solidified, and we’ve followed her and the brand ever since. Italian born, Serafina graduated from Central Saint Martins and subsequently collaborated with brands like Marni, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Acne, and Chloe where she was design assistant. Her Isa Arfen design aesthetic has been directly influenced by “strong female figures whose individual, eccentric and irreverent styles” decorate her childhood memories. With that kind of style inspiration, it’s no wonder that she’s become a fashion icon herself. And precisely why, we were dying to know what she would be living in and with this Summer. Here’s her edit! Enjoy!
1. Charlotte Olympia “Elsa” sandals – They are an instant mood lifter! When I am not wearing them I keep them on display in my bedroom. Like all Charlotte Olympia shoes, they are far too beautiful to keep in a closet!
2. Isa Arfen camelia petal skirt – One of my personal favourites from the Spring Summer 2014 collection, to wear on a warm summer night with a black crop top and heels, or for a day in the park with a white t-shirt and Converse.
3. Eres “Mouna” triangle string bikini top and “Gredin” high waist bottom in black – I love a black bikini, and this one is so chic, timeless and flattering! Always the first thing to be packed into my summer holiday suitcase.
4. Mansur Gavriel black bucket bag – I wear this every single day and if I could own in every colour variation I would!
5. Astier de Villatte notebooks – I regularly stock up on these gorgeous notebooks in various prints and sizes as I always need a mini one in my bag and a large one on my desk. I fill them up very quickly and it always a joy to start a new one.
6. Le Labo Labdanum 18 perfume – Discreet but powerful, since I first tried it years ago I can’t imagine ever wearing another scent.
7. Giorgio Vigna gold and rock crystal ring – Giorgio is a dear friend and I am crazy fan of his work! This ring is my absolute favourite piece of jewellery, it was my 30th birthday present from my husband and it illuminates any outfit and any day.